Stuttgarter onion sets – 500grams
Stuttgarter onion sets. 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
A great onion with a sweet, mild taste!
Stuttgarter is a true favourite of the UK. Amazingly, this onion variety can be planted earlier than most other onion varieties meaning you can enjoy these magnificent onions early!
Stuttgarter is renowned for its delicious sweet taste and not sharp like other onions. The mild taste of this onion makes it perfect for subtly enhancing any dish you add it to.
- Stores very well
- Mild and sweet
- Ideal for any dish
- 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
How to grow?.
- Plant onion sets in rows in any firm, well drained soil in full sun.
- Prepare the planting area several weeks in advance by incorporating some well rotted garden compost to improve drainage and soil fertility. Avoid planting onions on freshly manured soil.
- On particularly wet ground, try growing onion sets in raised beds.
- Plant the bulbs so that the tip of bulb is just protruding through the soil surface.
- Leave a space of 10cm (4″) between each bulb, and 30cm (12″) between each row.
Special Note: Onion sets are simply small, immature onions, which have been lifted and dried to prevent any further growth. Once planted in spring the sets grow in size and each one forms a full-sized bulb when ready to harvest.
24 in stock