Red Cross onion sets – 500 grams
Red Cross onion sets – 500gram(approx 100 sets):
This attractive red onion produces large, red skinned bulbs with crisp white flesh that shows clearly defined red rings when sliced. Makes a tasty addition to early summer salads. Unlike many red onion varieties, Onion ‘Red Cross’ stores well and can be kept for up to 3 months
- Great for storing
- Ideal For Kitchen Garden
- Position In Full sun
- Height Up to 45cm (17.7in)
- Spread Up to 15cm (5.9in)
- 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
How to grow?.
- Plant onion sets in rows in any firm, well drained soil in full sun.
- Prepare the planting area several weeks in advance by incorporating some well rotted garden compost to improve drainage and soil fertility. Avoid planting onions on freshly manured soil.
- On particularly wet ground, try growing onion sets in raised beds.
- Plant the bulbs so that the tip of bulb is just protruding through the soil surface.
- Leave a space of 10cm (4″) between each bulb, and 30cm (12″) between each row.
Special Note: Onion sets are simply small, immature onions, which have been lifted and dried to prevent any further growth. Once planted in spring the sets grow in size and each one forms a full-sized bulb when ready to harvest.
25 in stock