Sturon onion sets – 500 grams
Sturon is a RHS Award of Garden Merit winner. 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
The Onion – Sturon is a well known onion variety, renowned for its flavour. The Sturon onion set produces round, straw coloured onions that are plump and medium in size. Perfect for any meal you wish to add them to. The onion – Sturon will keep well through the winter due to its thin neck, meaning it will remain in great condition right through until February/ March time.
- Sturon is a true must have to grow in your garden or allotment.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit Winner!
- A great size onion, well known for its flavour.
- The ideal onion to add to any meal you wish.
- Great for growing at the allotment or in your vegetable patch at home.
- 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
How to grow?.
- Plant onion sets in rows in any firm, well drained soil in full sun.
- Prepare the planting area several weeks in advance by incorporating some well rotted garden compost to improve drainage and soil fertility. Avoid planting onions on freshly manured soil.
- On particularly wet ground, try growing onion sets in raised beds.
- Plant the bulbs so that the tip of bulb is just protruding through the soil surface.
- Leave a space of 10cm (4″) between each bulb, and 30cm (12″) between each row.
Special Note: Onion sets are simply small, immature onions, which have been lifted and dried to prevent any further growth. Once planted in spring the sets grow in size and each one forms a full-sized bulb when ready to harvest.
22 in stock