Slug Control – 100sqm coverage
Slugs are arguably a gardeners number one pest! Use our biological control method to keep your garden slug free.
Control with parasitic nematodes (Phasmarhabditis sp.)
Microscopic transparent worms which feed and multiply inside the larva, not visible with a hand lens. Dilute with water before use.
Must be applied to moist compost/soil between May and September. Use diluted in water inside or outdoors.
Available from – March to October
The nematodes can be stored in a dark, cool room. For longer storage, put in the bottom of a refrigerator (5°C) away from the freezer compartment – do not freeze. Always use before the expiry date stated on the pack.
Preparation and Application
Small areas can be treated by means of a watering can, larger areas with a sprayer (maximum spraying pressure 5 bar) ensure the nozzle and filters have an opening of at least 1 mm. A Birchmeier nematode applicator can also be used.
- It is recommended to apply in the evening (less risk of drying out; less U.V. light).
- It is not recommended to use on heavy clay, water-logged or frozen soil. Soil temperature should be between 5°C and 20°C.
Small Pack (40 sq.m 12 million)
- Ensure the soil is moist before application
- Empty the contents of the packet into a bucket add 2 litres of water and mix
- Take a quarter of this mixture (500mls) and dilute with 5 litres of water (standard watering can)
- This should then be applied to an area of approximately 10 sq.m
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Once the nematodes have been mixed with water they should be applied within 30 minutes
- After application it is recommended that the soil is watered again in order to obtain a good penetration of nematodes.
- Keep the soil moist for at least the following 14 days.
- If you do not wish to apply the whole contents in one application please see storage instructions.
Large Pack (100 sq.m 30 million)
- Follow instructions as above but use the following dilution rates:
- Dilute contents of packet with 5 litres of water
- Take a tenth of this mixture (500mls) and dilute with 5 litres of water
BC10 30 million pack (treats 100sqm) £29.99
Biological Controls are only available to be sent to Mainland UK as they are live animals. Any further afield will compromise the performance and the quality of the product.
We have to place our order for Biological Controls & Bumblebees at 9.30 on Friday mornings. When our order is placed on the Friday morning your item will come into us the following week and we send it out immediately so it should be with you by Wednesday or Thursday. If you have any questions please telephone 01302 327311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org