Centurion onion sets – 500 grams
F1 Centurion is a RHS Award of Garden Merit winner. 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
There is no doubt in our minds why Centurion is a winner of the RHS Award of Garden Merit. It is simply superb. Producing heavy crops that mature early, this first rate onion is very strong growing. Centurion will fare well in the indifferent British summers and produce beautiful onions all the same. The even skin colour and uniform globe shaped bulbs create stunning onions, perfect as a show bench subject. Not to mention they taste absolutely great! They’ll certainly enhance any meal you add them to.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit winner.
- A heavy cropping onion, producing uniform globe shaped bulbs.
- A great tasting onion that will enhance any dish they’re added to.
- 500 grams – approx 100 sets.
How to grow?.
- Plant onion sets in rows in any firm, well drained soil in full sun.
- Prepare the planting area several weeks in advance by incorporating some well rotted garden compost to improve drainage and soil fertility. Avoid planting onions on freshly manured soil.
- On particularly wet ground, try growing onion sets in raised beds.
- Plant the bulbs so that the tip of bulb is just protruding through the soil surface.
- Leave a space of 10cm (4″) between each bulb, and 30cm (12″) between each row.
Special Note: Onion sets are simply small, immature onions, which have been lifted and dried to prevent any further growth. Once planted in spring the sets grow in size and each one forms a full-sized bulb when ready to harvest.
25 in stock